Job Title: Film Maker (Ballet/Dance)
When: To begin in January 2018
Days: Flexible – to align with rehearsals and performances
Other: Voluntary Position – expenses and other requirements negotiated
ROLE: To include the following…..
- Inspired by and loves working with the moving image
- Enjoys utilising unusual and multiple camera angles
- Enjoys experimenting and trying out new things
- Thrives on working through obstacles and in a very challenging environment with performers who rarely stand still and theatre lighting that interferes with the film
- Can cut and splice own footage to make promotional trailers, showreels, and standard archival recordings
- Must be able to capture the mood, feeling, drama and interactions between dancers (as well as the dancing)
- Filming to be undertaken in studio rehearsals, on live stage rehearsed performances, actual performances, side-stage performances, backstage and in ordinary settings
- Capture all aspects of the company at work, play, resting, dancing, creating, relaxing and ordinary stuff
- Knowledgeable about ballet technique and the aesthetics of dance on film – or willingness to learn
- Be someone who really gets on with people
- Someone who loves being part of everything – not a distant expert
- Must be able to work ‘around’ the intricacies of dance and to not delay or stop the flow of a rehearsal or a production
- To allow unrestricted (negotiated) use of their work
For further information check out our websites…
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT
“Creative Artists – Collaborating to bring to life a spark of Inspiration that longs to be Created”
A team of creative artists including students, emerging, experienced, and amateur enthusiasts in technical theatre, visual arts (photography and film), wardrobe and costuming, arts marketing and audience development; and digital/social media buffs – all collaborating to bring full-length and one-act traditional classical ballets as well as new and original ballet-theatre to the stage in live performances in Bristol and the local region, South Wales, and London.
West Coast Ballet Theatre
“Classical Ballet – Performed with love, heartfelt passion and a soulful spirit”
The material (people) upon which Dance Artists creates its work. The dancers are all paying members who gain essential vocational experience dancing and learning to be an artist. WCBT is an organisation for honing the art of performance in an environment reflective of the vocation of a ballet-dancer.
Both ‘Dance Artists’ and ‘West Coast Ballet Theatre’ are cultural organisations not operated for profit and who employ no permanent or contracted paid staff. We do our work with financial loans, grants, funding, sponsorship and membership fees.
Please write to us via email, including the following…
- Basic details about you
- Tell us why you would like to take on this role
- Tell us why you desire to work with dance
- What do you feel your strengths are and how they might contribute to our work
- Why would you like to be a member of the team
- What you might find most challenging about taking on the role
- What do you think that you could bring to the team
- What experiences in working with dance (live theatre) do you already have, or what have you done that has prepared you
- What you feel about the philosophy of Dance Artists and West Coast Ballet Theatre
- Your contact details and any other information
You can include a CV if you want to, but this is not necessary. Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no formal interviews being held. We’ll meet up for an informal coffee and a chat to talk about your work, our work, how or if we can work together and whatever else is relevant and comes up for discussion. We’ll take it from there.