Job Title: Publicity and Promotional Artist
When: To begin in January 2018
Other: Voluntary position – expenses and other requirements negotiated
ROLE: To include the following…
- To design (to print ready standard) theatre programs, education program booklets, posters, leaflets and any other promotional (printed materials) matter
- Interested in working with dance (theatre)
- Able to use the photoraphic materials available, and can be creative in design and presentation in a modern but classic style
- Someone who loves people and enjoys being part of a team of dancers, creatives and other staff
- Can take the design ideas supplied and use their own creativity as well
For further information, check out our websites…
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT
“Creative Artists – Collaborating to bring to life a spark of Inspiration that longs to be Created”
A team of creative artists including students, emerging, experienced, and amateur enthusiasts in technical theatre, visual arts (photography and film), wardrobe and costuming, arts marketing and audience development; and digital/social media buffs – all collaborating to bring full-length and one-act traditional classical ballets as well as new and original ballet-theatre to the stage in live performances in Bristol and the local region, South Wales, and London.
West Coast Ballet Theatre
“Classical Ballet – Performed with love, heartfelt passion and a soulful spirit”
The material (people) upon which Dance Artists creates its work. The dancers are all paying members who gain essential vocational experience dancing and learning to be an artist. WCBT is an organisation for honing the art of performance in an environment reflective of the vocation of a ballet-dancer.
Both ‘Dance Artists’ and ‘West Coast Ballet Theatre’ are cultural organisations not operated for profit and who employ no permanent or contracted paid staff. We do our work with financial loans, grants, funding, sponsorship and membership fees.
Please write to us via email, including the following..
- Basic details about you
- Tell us about why you would want to take on this role
- Tell us about the dancers, ballet companies and ballet productions you particularly admire and why
- Tell us about your personal feelings and perspective towards classical ballet
- What you feel your strengths are and how they might contribute to our work
- Why you would like to be a member of the team
- What you might find most challenging about taking on the role
- What do you think that you would gain the most if you had the role
- What do you think that you could bring to the team
- What experiences working with dance you may already have, or what you have done before that may have prepared you
- What you feel about the philosophy of Dance Artists and West Coast Ballet Theatre
- Your contact details and any other information
There are no formal interviews being held. We’ll meet up for an informal coffee and a chat to talk about your work, our work, how or if we can work together and whatever else is relevant and comes up for discussion. We’ll take it from there.