Job Title: Stage Manager
When: To begin in January 2018
Days: Flexible – to align with rehearsals and performances
Other: Voluntary position – expenses and other requirements negotiated
ROLE: To include the following….
- Be able to watch rehearsals from time to time
- Get to know the dancers and the team
- Knows what’s expected of the production
- Designs the Prompt Book with the Technical Director and the Choreographer
- Loves dance and working with dancers (or is keen to)
- Understands the unique needs of ballet-theatre (or keen to learn and embrace)
- Keen to assist with the Get In/Out’s and Striking and Packing of sets and company property
- Takes full charge of the production and all artist cues
- Liaises well with dancers, creative team, and the staff at the various theatre venues
For further information, check out our websites…
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT
“Creative Artists – Collaborating to bring to life a spark of Inspiration that longs to be Created”
A team of creative artists including students, emerging, experienced and amateur enthusiasts in technical theatre, visual arts (photography and film), wardrobe and costuming, arts marketing and audience development; and digital/social media buffs – all collaborating to bring full-length and one-act traditional classical ballets as well as new and original ballet-theatre to the stage in live performances in Bristol and the local region, South Wales, and London.
West Coast Ballet Theatre
“Classical Ballet – Performed with love, heartfelt passion and a soulful spirit”
The material (people) upon which Dance Artists creates its work. The dancers are all paying members who gain essential vocational experience dancing and learning to be an artist. WCBT is an organisation for honing the art of performance in an environment reflective of the vocation of a ballet-dancer.
Both ‘Dance Artists’ and ‘West Coast Ballet Theatre’ are cultural organisations not operated for profit and who employ no permanent or contracted paid staff. We do our work with financial loans, grants, funding, sponsorship and membership fees.
Please write to us via email, including the following…
- Basic details about you
- Tell us why you would like to take on this role
- Tell us about the dancers, ballet companies and ballet productions your particularly admire and why
- Tell us about your personal feelings and perspective towards ballet
- What you feel your strengths are and how they might contribute to our work
- Why you would like to be a member of the team
- What you might find most challenging about taking on the role
- What you think you would gain the most if you had the role
- What do you think that you could bring to the team
- What experiences with dance you might already have, or what you may have done that has prepared you
- What you feel about the philosophy of Dance Artists and West Coast Ballet Theatre
- Your contact details and any other information
You can include a CV if you want to, but this is not necessary. Applications should be sent to: [email protected]
There are no formal interviews being held. We’ll meet up for an informal coffee and a chat to talk about your work, our work, how or if we can work together and whatever else is relevant and comes up for discussion. We’ll take it from there.