Job Title: Technical Director/Theatre Technician/Lighting Technician (Designer)
When: To Begin in January 2018
Days: Flexible – to align with rehearsals and performances
Other: Voluntary position – expenses and other requirements negotiated
ROLE: To include the following….
- Inspired to facilitate and/or design light for dance
- Someone who would love to light established ballets in new and exciting ways
- Someone keen to design from anew all aspects of our brand new ballet-theatre productions
- Keen to embrace new, different and alternative technology
- Someone willing to experiment and improvise new ideas to get the right effects by ‘any’ means
- Someone who wants to design and facilitate shows (however we’re happy to have two individuals to this)
- Someone passionate about what they do
- Someone who loves, or would love to work with dance
- Knowledgeable about ballet performance and the needs of dance productions (or willing to learn)
- Be someone who gets on with people and is a great team player
For further information check out our websites…
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT
“Creative Artists – Collaborating to bring to life a spark of Inspiration that longs to be Created”
A team of creative artists including students, emerging, experienced and amateur enthusiasts in technical theatre, visual arts (photography and film), wardrobe and costuming, arts marketing and audience development, and digital/social media buffs – all collaborating to bring full-length and one-act traditional classical ballets as well a new and original ballet-theatre to the stage in live performances in Bristol and the local region, South Wales, and London.
West Coast Ballet Theatre
“Classical Ballet – Performed with love, a heartfelt passion and a soulful spirit”
The material (people) upon which Dance Artists creates its work. The dancers are all paying members who gain essential vocational experience dancing and learning to be an artist. WCBT is an organisation for honing the art of performance in an environment reflective of the vocation of a ballet-dancer.
Both ‘Dance Artists’ and ‘West Coast Ballet Theatre’ are cultural organisations not operated for profit and who employ no permanent or contracted paid staff. We do our work with financial loans, grants, funding, sponsorship and membership fees.
Please write to us via email, including the following…
- Basic details about you
- Tell us about why you would want to take on this role
- Tell us about the dancers, ballet companies and ballet productions you particularly admire and why
- Tell us about your personal feelings and perspective towards classical ballet
- What you feel your strengths are and how they might contribute to our work
- Why you would like to be a member of the team
- What you might find most challenging about taking on the role
- What you think that you would gain the most if you had the role
- What do you think that you could bring to the team
- What experiences working with dance you may already have, or what you have done before that has prepared you
- What you feel about the philosophy of Dance Artists and West Coast Ballet Theatre
- Your contact details and any other information
You may include a CV if you want to, but this is not necessary. Applications should be sent to: [email protected]
There are no formal interviews being held. We’ll meet up for an informal coffee and a chat to talk about your work, our work, how or if we can work together and whatever else is relevant and comes up for discussion. We’ll take it from there.