**PLEASE NOTE THE EVENT WILL MOST LIKELY BE CANCELLED. HOWEVER WE ARE LOOKING AT WAYS TO TAKE THE PROCESS ONLINE, SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE USE THE BOOKING LINK BELOW SO WE HAVE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS AND WE WILL UPDATE SHORTLY**
We would like to invite you to the Dance Connect 2020 Meeting
at Arnolfini, 16 Narrow Quay, Bristol BS1 4QA
On Thursday 23rd April 2020 2-5pm.
Dance Connect is an initiative as part of Bristol Dance Futures’ ‘Moving Bristol’ project that aims to
increase knowledge, capacity and high-quality engagement in dance across Bristol.
Dance Connect will support four partnership residencies between artists and organisations in Bristol
for 40 days over a period of 18 months. The residencies will be an opportunity to exchange
knowledge and develop a range of models for how dance can impact different settings. The ‘Moving
Bristol’ project will support each residency with an artist’s fee of £6,000, plus support and
coordination to share learning across the network. We hope to support two further residencies in
This invitation is to all artists and organisations who have already expressed an interest in joining this pioneering initiative as well as those who may have just heard about the project. We welcome
dancers and choreographers working in any dance form, and both traditional arts venues as well as
settings like health centres, community centres and any other places with ambitions to embed dance
in their activity.
At the Dance Connect Meeting you can:
• Find out more about the project and how to apply
• Hear about the interests of other artists and organisations
• Explore synergies between what artists would like to do and what organisations would like
• Find a potential partner artist or organisation to apply with
Following the meeting there will be a call out to artists and organisations to make a joint expression
of interest for a residency idea to be part of the Dance Connect project. You do not have to have
attended the Dance Connect Meeting to apply, but it is highly recommended.
BDF have a budget for any access needs any artists might have. If this is the case, please contact the
BDF producer at [email protected] with access requests.
A large print version of this call out is available on request
In advance of the meeting we invite you to click on the Dance Connect online marketplace here:
to complete your details and areas of interest.
However, this is not compulsory and you can just turn up on the day.
To reserve your place at the Dance Connect meeting on 23rd April please book your place via this booking link.
To find out more about Bristol Dance Futures click here
- 23rd April Meeting with artists and organisations:
- 8th May Deadline for submission of 500 -word expressions of interest.
- 15th May Shortlisting of artists and organisations to be matched
- 29th May Deadline for shortlisted artists/organisations to submit full applications
- 12th June Artist/organisations informed of outcome of application process
- 22nd June Dance Connect Residencies commence
NB Selection Panel will consist of independent artists and organisations
Arnolfini, 16 Narrow Quay, Bristol BS1 4QA