Foundation Course Acting (One Year): Auditions Open Now!
Come audition for our unique Drama School,
Spotlight & Equity recognised actor training (Patron Peter Brook).
Get used to university-style teaching, specialise in your chosen field and fill any gaps in knowledge between high school and university. All with the opportunity to continue directly into a second year here with us.
Cygnet Theatre has over thirty years’ experience of helping young actors to develop their individual qualities. Actors joining Cygnet’s unique full-time professional actor training:
– Work as part of an ensemble (Cygnet Company), committed to public performances from day one.
– Learn from expert professionals, their peers and their audiences
– Cygnet graduates have gone on to work successfully for stage, film TV and Radio, form their own companies and found theatres.
How To Apply
To audition for our main acting courses apply online below:
As of August 2017, we have scrapped fees to audition for us, because we believe in a fairer arts training for all. Please note we still require you to complete an application form, which you can do online above. Further notes below.
– All audition days are arranged by application which must be applied for in advance.
– Access to courses is by audition only.
– There is no charge to audition for us. If you would like a written assessment of the work presented at the
audition, we do have to charge a small fee for this of £15 (please request on application if you require this).
– Once you have submitted your online application we will send you a date to come and audition at Cygnet Theatre. Contact Cygnet office for more information: [email protected] / 01392 277189.
“The Cygnet Theatre is unique in its training of actors. At some drama schools there is an emphasis on theory with actual performance being the end in view rather than a regular process. When I saw “The Long Mirror”, it was a joy to see J.B. Priestley’s little-known play, performed by young actors learning on the job, guided by an expert, their director Richard Digby-Day, once director of the professionals at Exeter’s Northcott Theatre .
The Cygnet’s method is eminently practical and reminded me of my own early invaluable experience as an actor in regional repertory companies, tackling play after play through the year. Audiences taught me more than any academic class could.
In future, when I am asked what an aspiring actor can do to advance their hopes for a career in live theatre, I shall recommend applying for a place at The Cygnet.” Sir Ian McKellen, Feb 2018
Find out more:
Cygnet Theatre, Exeter