**AUDITION NOTICE: ‘The Holland Handkerchief’**
OPEN BOOK PROFIT SHARE
First auditions: 6pm, 1/4/19, Silk Mill Frome
Performance dates: 20th and 21st June (Rondo Theatre, Bath), 8th and 9th July (Silk Mill, Frome)
About the Project
We are new theatre company, Kerchief, based in Frome. We will be bringing this 18th-century folk tale to life as a piece combining song and theatre.
We are looking for:
Girl: playing age 18 – 30
Boy: playing age 18 – 30
Aunt: playing age 30 – 60
Father: playing age 30 – 60
Narrator: Any age or gender
These are not set in stone; we will be flexible based on who we meet. We are prepared to be surprised!
– We are looking for actors who are open-minded, enthusiastic team players. Some of the work will be a collaborative devising process, and rehearsals will often take the form of improvisation.
– If you play an instrument or sing it’s a bonus and we’d love to hear you sing/play a quick piece in the audition so bring it along. But don’t worry if you don’t!
– You’ll need to be available on the performance dates and in the weeks that run up.
– You’ll need to be able to travel to Frome for Sunday/ weeknight rehearsals.
– If you can’t make the audition date but would like to be involved, we’d still love to hear from you so please still get in touch.
About the audition
If you could prepare a monologue in verse (a sonnet would be perfect) that would be great. Doesn’t have to be long! The audition will be a workshop followed by your prepared pieces. Please give ‘The Holland Handkerchief’ a listen to familiarise yourself with the story.
If you would like to audition, please send a quick email to let us know you’re coming! Send it to with ‘Audition’ in the subject line.
Bristol/ South West