We are looking for:
Volunteer internship role
5 hrs week max (2 x 2.5hr days) for 3 months. Starting late May, completing late August.
Working from our office based in Nelson Street, Bristol. Some work from other ASLS venues.
- Support & feedback.
- A friendly and fast paced work environment.
- Training and great networking opportunity.
Our Marketing Internship is a fantastic opportunity to communicate the excitement of new shows, artwork, and events curated, organised and hosted here at The Island as well as other Artspace Lifespace projects, to the wider world. The position would suit someone who has experience of social media marketing, is interested in arts & events marketing and hoping to gain hands-on experience within a key arts organisation.
We are looking for an artistic, creative individual to work with our Marketing Officer on our promotion of events, continuing and expanding the ways we reach and develop our audiences.
The majority of the role is focused on creating and updating social media content using the management platform, Hootsuite. Other tasks include attending events and art shows and creating documentation (photography or film) for marketing features. We are looking for an artistic, creative individual with a high attention to detail who can work across multiple social media channels.
- an enthusiasm for the work of the The Island and contemporary culture,
- the ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as working within (and contributing to) a team.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, with colleagues, audiences, donors and participants
- the ability to prioritise workload, be flexible and reliably complete tasks to tight deadlines
- good copywriting skills and ability to adapt tone for posts across social media channels
- WordPress and Hootsuite content management experience
- Working knowledge of digital tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, and social media managing platforms with an awareness of their strengths / weaknesses
- artistic flair and an eye for design, /film and photography/
- meticulous attention to detail
Email us with:
- Cover letter and why you wish to work with us
- Example of web page/blog/social media page you have contributed to
by Wednesday 16th May, 2pm