Bristol Old Vic are offering the opportunity for four successful applicants, aged 18+, to gain training and experience as theatre technicians and backstage creatives through the NT Connections Technical Training Pilot. This includes individuals interested in stage management, sound design, AV, lighting, costume, design and producing.
On the 18th February, 10 – 1 pm, Bristol Old Vic will be running an ‘In Conversation’ with industry professionals, in which up to thirty applicants will have the opportunity to ask questions, gain advice and have a tour of the theatre. This will be held in the Weston Studio at the Bristol Old Vic.
We will also conduct a quick, informal interview on why you think this programme will benefit you and what area of work you are particularly interested in.
The four successful applicants will:
- Work on NT Connections shows, which will take place in the new Weston Studio between the 2nd and 5th
- Be given an introductory day that covers sessions on; Health and Safety and “What is a tech?”
- Receive a designated mentor from their given technical field to work with and shadow throughout their placement.
- Offer each successful applicant £5 travel cover per day.
- Provide additional opportunities for successful applicants to work on other Engagement Productions such as Springboard (BOV’s Engagement Department’s Performance Day).
Please email if you would like to attend the ‘In Conversation’ on the 18th February, or if you would like any more information.
DEADLINE: Saturday 16th February, 10 am.
(Confirmation emails will be sent out by 5pm on the same day)
Bristol Old Vic