Invitation to Tender
Golden Tree Productions is inviting tenders for a Freelance Project Development Manager based in Cornwall for a six-month period starting asap.
This is to oversee the ‘Kerdroya’ project in its entirety and will be supported by the two project managers for the community engagement and construction phases (already in post). You will be required to manage ongoing and new funding applications to enable us to deliver our ‘Diamond’ version of the project. Other management responsibilities include negotiating contracts, progress reports, risk register maintenance, external relationships with stakeholders, partners, suppliers and being the key contact for all parties.
‘Kerdroya: The Cornish Landscape Labyrinth’ is the successful bid for the ‘Diamond Landscapes’ initiative, celebrating 60 years of the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
The project has two distinct phases the first being Community Engagement work in 12 of the AONB sections across Cornwall. Working with the National Trust, who are key members of the Cornwall AONB Partnership, we will identity 12 stretches of Cornish hedge in iconic locations, each in need of conservation and repair. Local master hedgers will work with community groups and schools, passing on knowledge and skills to create a diverse team of ‘Hedge Stewards’. In each of the adopted hedges, rebuilt in the specific local style, there will be an art installation that will in some way link to the main Kerdroya site forming a trail. The 12 sites will comprise a Cornwall AONB-wide trail exploring and interpreting the fabulous landscapes of the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and specifically the contribution of the Cornish hedge as a key cultural and natural landscape feature.
The second and later phase is the construction of a 50m diameter classical labyrinth built from traditional Cornish hedging at Colliford Lake, in the heart of Bodmin Moor.
Gwriansow Gwedhen Owr – ni a wra displegya ha delivra ragdresow gonisogethel a wra diskudha ha golya disblanseth ha diversita Kernow.
Golden Tree Productions is a Cornish-led community interest company developing and delivering constructive cultural projects that uncover and celebrate Cornwall’s distinctiveness and diversity.
We work in collaboration with audiences that are currently under-engaged in culture and heritage, particularly those that are disadvantaged. We design cultural and educational solutions, intended to make a meaningful and lasting difference to these communities.
Tenders in the region of £14,400, plus VAT if applicable, for which we expect 52 – 80 days freelance work, depending on the level of experience.
Expenses will be provided at an agreed rate. Invoice will be submitted monthly against work delivered. Please advise us of your VAT position within your tender (ie VAT liable or not). You will have your own computer and phone and be able to work within our cloud computing environment.
Initially six months with the possibility of extension.
Golden Tree Artistic Director
Remote and or office based.
• Golden Tree is based in the Trelawney Suite, The Old Arts School, Clinton Road, Redruth.
• Kerdroya labyrinth will be built at Colliford Lake, St Neot, Liskeard
• Community engagement is across 12 sites, one in each AONB section across Cornwall
Throughout the duration of the contract you will work as one of our team, representing Golden Tree and our interests. We will expect you to do so in line with our Manifesto, Values, Policies and Procedures.
• Primary responsibility of this role is to manage project funding scenarios, submit new funding bids and manage existing bids in order to secure 100% of the funding required (50% currently secured)
• Prioritise, plan and coordinate all project development activities according to business requirements
• Reporting to Golden Tree and stakeholders as required
• Implement and manage contracts with key stakeholders, partners and suppliers
• Perform negotiations for contractual terms and agreements as required
• Monitor project development plan, schedule and budget
• Act as primary contact for stakeholders’ queries and concerns
• Build positive working relationships with stakeholders and ensure stakeholder satisfaction
• Analyse and resolve project issues in a timely and accurate manner
• Maintain the project risk register, assess potential risks, technical challenges and develop appropriate mitigation plans
• Monitor progress of community engagement and construction
Core Skills and Experience
You will be entrepreneurial, commercial and flexible and bring a track-record of developing strong relationships and developing sophisticated solutions that meet stakeholders’ needs. Inquisitive and able to challenge convention. Able to communicate with different audiences and of varying levels.
• Excellent relationship and communication skills
• Experience of developing projects with multiple stakeholders/partners and timeline project management
• Experience of agile working with other creatives
• Coordinating and writing successful funding applications
• Excellent financial management including; managing drawdowns, reporting to funders, forecasting, creating budgets and cash flow projections
• Ability to see projects through ‘end-to-end’
• Experience of creating impact in the arts/creative industries
• Open and empowering style
• “Fit” with culture and style of Golden Tree Productions
• Must be able to travel to meetings across Cornwall and beyond.
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Experience from cultural / leisure / tourism / heritage sectors
• Previous experience of meeting the requirements of funders such as National Heritage Lottery, Arts Council and Cornwall Council
• Cornish landscape, history, natural environment, arts, music, traditional skills development, Cornish language
To bid for this contract
Tenders welcome from individuals or organisations.
Please send us the following by Tuesday 2nd April at 9am
• Your CV or that of your employee
• An expression of interest letter (one side of A4) outlining what you could offer.
Please identify experience of the creative industries, multi-partner projects, working with local authorities, fund-raising and successful projects you have worked on.