About Puppet Place
Puppet Place is your hub for all things animated on stage and film in the UK. We are dedicated to sharing our passion for puppetry and animation with the wider public and supporting artists and professionals working with these artforms. Our building, on Bristol’s Harbourside, is home to a community of resident companies and artists producing brilliant work in puppetry, animation and the creative sector more widely. We support the greater puppetry and creative sector through residencies, networking and training. You can find out more about us at www.puppetplace.org
What this role involves
The Events Volunteers will work closely with the Administrator, Facilities and Operations Officer, and Executive Producer of Puppet Place to help our public events run smoothly. This will include our regular Creative Café events, workshops and other public events. This role will support the staff team and is not intended to replace a paid role.
- Learn from the ground up how a busy arts organisation runs
- Training from Puppet Place in event co-ordination
- Attendance at external training events, if suitable
- Involvement in Puppet Place events
- Set-up and close-down of space for events, including refreshments
- Event stewarding, including checking tickets
- Collecting lunch orders for workshops from local cafes
- Assist workshop leaders with any support they might need during workshops
- Assist with smooth running of events
- Other responsibilities as mutually agreed with Puppet Place
An induction and full training will be provided.
What we are looking for
This voluntary role is ideal for someone looking to expand their experience in and knowledge of the arts sector and/or event co-ordination. Candidates should be able to communicate confidently with a wide range of people and have an interest in the arts. Some experience of volunteering at arts events is desirable but not essential.
This role will be based at Puppet Place, Unit 18 Albion Dockside Estate, Hanover Place, Bristol BS1 6UT
If you are interested in this role, please send us some information about yourself (no more than one page of A4) outlining your relevant experience and motivation in becoming a volunteer at Puppet Place, to Hannah Jarman at
0117 929 3593