RISE Youth Dance Training Programme Application Open – – – –
RISE Youth Dance is looking for up to 10 young people between the ages of 18 and 25 to take part in our trainee programme. This is an exciting opportunity to experience the working world of dance as a practitioner, and to learn other key skills such as marketing, administration and fundraising. Participants will gain a genuine insight into a career in dance and the creative industries.
THE TRAINEE PROGRAMME – – – –
The RISE trainee programme was designed to offer young dancers a high level of training, a chance to develop their teaching skills through their relationship with RISE Youth Dance, as well as real experience of what it’s like to be a dance artist in the industry today.
THE OFFER – – – –
- Weekly mentoring sessions with RISE teachers
- Involvement in developing projects and producing REACH, the RISE annual performance platform
- Participation in all RISE Youth Dance Company classes § Participation is all RISE performance classes
- Discount on other Bristol dance classes e.g. 3rd Stage, ballet.
- 1 full day of training weekly, which will include technique and creative work with the RISE Director and other professional artists
- Opportunities to perform in Bristol and nationally
- Training in teaching, and opportunities to teach
- Opportunities to choreograph for other RISE groups
- Attendance at industry events, conferences etc.
- Experience of other relevant skills such as arts administration, marketing, finance and fundraising
- Other training such as first aid
If you would like to know more please visit our Trainee Webpage for an information pack and application form.