Theatre Bristol Agents
TB Agents bursary in a nutshell:
- Available for artists* who live and/or work in the Bristol area who want to attend events, such as conferences or festivals (not training)
- Apply for up to £300
- We can cover tickets, accommodation, travel and other associated costs including childcare
- We ask TB Agents to share their learning creatively e.g. recording a video, hosting an event – this is an important part of the project which allows the learning to be shared across the sector
- Deadline for proposals at the end of every month, decision made and applicants contacted two weeks later – please allow enough time for this process (e.g. apply in June, decision made mid-July, finances processed mid-late July)
- We aim to fund twelve people each year.
Read about our previous TB Agents here.
I’m happy to report that (I think) I’ve since secured a producer for the project, due in part to the inspiration and evidence that I gained at the conference. I’d had the meeting in the diary but after the conference I was much more able to articulate the project’s relevance and value to her – Amy Rose, TB Agent
If you need some inspiration, here are a few UK and European events and festivals:
Please note that this is not a bursary for courses or training.
Lift Festival, London, Spring-Summer
Vienna Festival, Vienna, Spring-Summer
Cork Midsummer Festival, Cork, Summer
Manchester International Festival, Manchester, Summer
Dance Umbrella Festival, London, Autumn
Fira Tarrega, Barcelona, Autumn
Dublin Fringe Fest, Dublin, Autumn
Fast Forward Festival, Bristol/Wiltshire, Autumn
British Arts Festivals Association (BAFA) Conference, UK, Autumn
Family Arts Conference, UK, Winter
IETM Events, worldwide, throughout the year
*Artists = writers, circus artists, puppeteers, dancers, live art artists, producers, directors, designers, technicians, funders, stage managers, musicians, composers, thinkers, administrators, bookkeepers, fundraisers, critics, enthusiasts, supporters… everyone who’s interested in live performance is welcome.