Many Minds is looking to recruit Trustees to their Board.
Many Minds is a small Bristol based mental health charity that facilitate creative spaces and make performance with people managing their mental health. We work with individuals to engage with their creativity, improve confidence, self-esteem and build social skills and networks. We run workshops in theatre making skills to devise and create high quality contemporary performance.
Many Minds was constituted by the Charity Commission as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation CIO in November 2017. We are still in our first year of operation but have already experienced rapid growth. We are looking for Board members for our exciting next phase of development.
About the role:
The trustee role is a voluntary position that helps oversee the running of a charity. The role requires between 5-10 hours each month. We have official meetings quarterly in Bristol that last for up to 3 hours and an Annual General Meeting (AGM) once a year. These meetings may require additional time for preparatory reading supporting documents for presentation.
We also run monthly informal check in meet ups that are usually an hour long and have will have an annual Board away day.
There will be occasional further opportunities for attending Many Minds activities and for personal development and trustee training. Many Minds cover out of pocket expenses for trustees.
Trustees are elected to serve for a three year period. At every AGM those who have served three years shall retire from office or stand for re- election. Trustees can serve for a maximum of period of three terms (ie 9 years).
As a member led organisation, we positively encourage our members to stand for election.
Trustee role description
- To ensure that Many Minds complies at all times with its governing document, charity law, and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To ensure that Many Minds pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- To maintain proper financial control and ensure that Many Minds applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects
- To set and maintain vision, mission and values, develop strategy, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To set up employment procedures and respect the roles of staff/volunteers
- To support the operational management of the organisation
- To draw up and monitor the implementation of internal policies, which must include equality and diversity as well as health and safety policies and grievance and disciplinary procedures
- To ensure that risk assessments for all aspects of the charity are carried out
- To safeguard the reputation and values of Many Minds
- To maintain effective board performance and ensure the effective and efficient administration of the charity including funding, insurance and premises
- To promote Many Minds and actively seek funding opportunities for the charity
- To act in the best interests of the charity, never in the interests of yourself or another organisation
Trustee person specification
All Trustees must demonstrate:
- A commitment to the organisation, its cause and demonstrate an understanding of mental health and its impact.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgment.
- An ability to think creatively.
- A willingness to speak their mind.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team. .
- A commitment to working within Many Minds’ values and principles of working.
How to apply
Please visit our website www.many-minds.org/vacancies for more information and to download a recruitment pack.
The recruitment process will be a two way process to make sure that you are the right fit for Many Minds and that we are the right fit for you.