PAPAYA Fest 2019
We are looking for volunteers aged 18 and over to support the delivery of the festival in the following areas:
- Helping out with artist and performer needs, making sure everyone is looked after and has a positive experience.
- Acting as a point of contact between the artists teams, Papaya Fest and the venue during the event.
- Meeting and greeting artists and production teams
- Accommodation maintenance and organisation
- Work closely with our team and the artists to help set up everything for festival including dressing and decorating the two venues.
- Gain excellent insight into stage and production management and meet the artists taking part.
Performance and Front of House:
- Assist in welcoming the audience to our shows, ensuring everyone is well looked after and has a positive experience.
- Be involved in various aspects of putting on a production, including looking after the artists, assisting the venue manager and helping with the box office.
- Gain excellent insight into how a theatre is run and get a chance to watch the shows.
- Adhering to, and assisting with Health and Safety guidelines relevant to the venue.
Promotion, Documentation & Evaluation:
- Communicate directly with the public and our audiences in order to promote the festival, encourage people to join our mailing list and buy tickets for our shows.
- Capturing audience feedback and responses through evaluation and questionnaires.
- Providing social media insights – photos, thoughts and comments.
- Fliering shows and key events leading up to festival
Why volunteer for Papaya Fest?
- Free tickets to shows (subject to availability)
- Gain valuable experience on your CV by helping make a festival happen
- Opportunity to meet other artists/arts professionals and network
- Great way to socialise and meet new people
We will be able to cover reasonable travel expenses and will provide refreshments.
Apply by: Monday 2nd October
Send a short email to telling us a little about yourself and what you would like to get out of volunteering for Papaya Fest.
The Wardrobe Theatre & Old Market Assembly
Tamsin Hurtado Clarke