Over 20 years of experience in providing Shiatsu Massage to restore and maintain optimal function for circus, theatre & film artists/performers and their crews.
Shiatsu is a safe, clothed treatment which aims to alleviate pain and tension in the body and mind. Its effects are both relaxing and invigorating. Shiatsu treatments are tailored to meet you where you are physically and emotionally and may be different each time. As well as treating presenting symptoms, Shiatsu is used to prevent recurrent or new illness.
You don’t have to be unwell to feel better!
More Than A Massage
Unlike other massage modalities, Shiatsu has two major differences which set it apart:
- Diagnosis- using classical Chinese medical methods including palpation of the belly-hara, observing the tongue, face, postural diagnosis.
- And Tonifying/strengthening techniques to stimulate weakened soft tissue/muscle/nerve action in the body. Shiatsu also observes the tense and over-worked tissues of the body and uses a combination of stretches, joint rotations and classical massage techniques to alleviate pain and discomfort.
Being able to discern the weak or depleted areas of the body as well as the tight, over-worked parts gives both the practitioner and receiver the whole picture. This enables the healing process to take place much more quickly and effectively.
Shiatsu Outcomes-How Can It Help Me?
Clients report a wide range of benefits such as:
- Reduced symptoms.
- Reduced pain/discomfort.
- Improved sleep.
- Improved emotional wellbeing.
- A sense of being in charge of one’s own health/happiness and feeling empowered to make good choices and changes.
During a Shiatsu treatment:
- Your case history is reviewed. (Because of this your first session is usually longer).
- We decide how best to work-usually on a soft futon/body cushion on the floor or seated on an ergonomically designed massage chair or wherever you are most comfortable.
- A diagnosis is made. (See above).
- A treatment is given. Following the diagnostic information, acupressure points and meridians (pathways of vital energy relating to the organs) are stimulated or calmed to address any imbalance.
- Exercise and dietary homework are often recommended to prolong the benefits and efficacy of the treatment.
The practitioner works with the receiver to support the release of stuck/stagnated energy and encourage strength and vitality. However, the power to make the shift to better health stays with the receiver.
Shiatsu Massage Practitioner-Circomedia 2009-11
A 12′ x 16′ garden office (log cabin) carpeted, warm, light venue available for hire.