One of the things we hear about the most from artists at Theatre Bristol is how hard it is to make the first step when looking to develop a relationship with a producer. We have therefore developed Test Run.
Test Run offers an artist/company + producer £400 (approx. 2 days of time) to test out their relationship.
This can be used to give you some paid time together to sit and talk, or contribute to writing a funding bid; spend time in a rehearsal room, or something else entirely. The point is to help you begin, and to do it in a way that feels safe and supported, and also by taking the financial risk, at least at the very beginning, away from you both to meaningfully test your relationship.
There will be 3 deadlines between September 2022 and March 2023
- 21st October ’22 (re-opens 24th)
- 16th December ’22 (re-opens 4th Jan)
- 28th February ’23 (last round)
You will hear back within 7 days of the deadline.
If you require the application form in a different format please get in touch at email@example.com or phone 07549 412900
- The artist or company must be based in Bristol
- We will prioritise producers based in the South West, but they can be based elsewhere
- The relationship must be new
- You can apply without a producer
- The artist/company need to be the named applicant
- The money must be spent on fees – this could be split between you or all spent on the producer but it cannot be used for anything else (let us know if you need a space to meet or work together)
Keep in touch
Stay connected with jobs, what’s on, opportunities for creatives, and Theatre Bristol news by signing up to receive one – or all – of our newsletters.